|“||There are no men like me. Only me.||”|
— Yves-Thierry to Genevieve
Death and post-mortem
Personality and traits
- Yves-Thierry: "We're going to win this."
- Niklaus: "Don't hold back."
- Yves-Thierry: "Not in my nature."
- — Yves and Niklaus talking before a Quidditch match
Magical abilities and skills
- Jonathan Knight: "He's going to die!"
- Professor Averall: "Lord Yves flies well."
- — Jon and Professor Averall regarding Yves-Thierry during their First Year flying lesson
- Quidditch: Yves-Thierry had a natural ability and penchant for Quidditch. He was a naturally talented and skilful flyer, evidenced in his ability to hold the position as Keeper on the Slytherin Quidditch team from his second year onwards at Hogwarts. Yves left Hogwarts to continue a successful career in Quidditch, earning a position as Keeper for the Welsh National Quidditch team at the early age of twenty.
- Ivy wood wand:
- Loras: Upon attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Yves-Thierry obtained a male red owl that he came to name Loras.
- Leander Europa broomstick:
- Leander Europa Prime broomstick:
Yves-Thierry's name is a hyphenated form of two different names. The name Yves is a French male given name of Celtic and Germanic origin, meaning yew. Thierry is also a French given name that derives from an older Germanic name meaning powerful and ruler of the people.
The surname Thorn derives from an English and Danish background. It is a topographic name for someone who lived by a thorn bush or hedge (Old English, Old Norse þorn).