Aristocrats and criminals have loads in common: they’re both selfish, get bored easy, and have access to vaults of cash they didn’t work honestly to get.
Relatives by marriage
- Laetitia Laschenkov — wife of Alaricus Jordan
- Bartley Cauldwell — husband of Varvara Cauldwell (née Jordan) (both defected)
- Edward Quisling — husband of Juliet Quisling (née Jordan) (both defected)
- Daphne Sevchenko — wife of Xanthas Jordan
- Florinda Cabral — wife of Gregory Jordan
- Elliot Potter — husband of James Jordan
- Callum Cridden — former husband of Amelia Jordan
- Alistair Vance — husband of Amelia Jordan
- Abrax Spector — husband of Kalysta Jordan-Potter
- Leopoldina Wenlock — wife of Leo Jordan-Potter
- "Usually, the Jordan impulse is to throw money at a problem and if that doesn't work, then violence."
- —Amy regarding the family's imprudence with money
The name Jordan is a derivative form of the Hebrew word "yarden", meaning to descend or "to go down." This name is also taken from the river Jordan in the Middle East. At the time of the Crusades it was common practice for crusaders and pilgrims to bring back flasks of water from the river in which John the Baptist had baptized people, including Christ himself, and to use it in the christening of their own children. As a result Jordan has become quite a common personal name.