I'm trying so hard to be good. But all of this was forced upon me. I'm cursed, and I'm angry.
— Atria to Ember
Atria Jacqueline Hilliard (b. 30 January) is a half-blood witch and Banshee half-breed of the Hilliard and Cauldwell families, the illegitimate daughter of Noah and Ember Hilliard (née Cauldwell). She is also the maternal half-sister of Albus and by extension the adoptive sister of Musidora. Being the product of an affair between two people who had been in different relationships at the time of her birth, Atria was passed on to Noah, who raised her alongside his then-wife Mara Rountree. The truth behind her parentage was kept a covert secret from the wider wizarding world, only to be revealed at a later date.
Upon attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Atria was Sorted into Gryffindor House, like her biological mother.
Life after Hogwarts
Personality and traits
Magical abilities and skills
- "I think I'm bad at picking good people, but I'm good at catching bad people red-handed."
- Expert detective skills: Both as a naturally inquisitive girl and the daughter of the Head of the Investigation Department, Atria was known to be a formidably talented investigator. While in school, she and her brother had a knack for solving difficult mysteries and discovering the truth despite all attempts by others to conceal it.
- Leadership skills:
- Applewood wand:
- "Believe it or not, I actually wish you weren't going to leave. Because, Albus, you are one spectacular wizard, and no matter what you are still my little brother."
- —Atria bids goodbye to Albus
- Albus Cauldwell: "Despite everything, Atria, there's no one I would trust more with my son's life. Be happy."
- Atria: "He'll be happy too. Nothing will get in the way of that. I promise you."
- — Atria's lifelong vow to care for Lucien
- "You are a nightmare child, Atria, and you have nothing to do with me."
- —Mara expresses detestation towards her stepdaughter
Atria is a celestial female given star name, deriving from the star in the constellation Triangulum Australe. The plural form may also refer to an atrium, a large open space within a building, or the atrium, an anatomical structure through which blood enters the heart.
Jacqueline comes from French, as the feminine form of Jacques (English James). Jacques originated from Jacob which is derived from the Hebrew meaning "may God protect".
Hilliard comes from the Norman names "Hildiarde", and "Hildegard," composed of Germanic elements that mean "strife", "battle", "fortress" and "stronghold". The surname has been in Ireland since the 17th century.
- Atria's theme song was Liability by Lorde.
- Atria's specialised soundtrack, titled apotheosis, can be found on 8tracks.